Blood- Components and Functions

Blood is a body fluid that moves through the vessels of a circulatory system. In humans, it contains plasma, blood cells (red and white blood cells), and cell fragments called platelets. Cells and platelets make up about 45%percent percent of human blood, while plasma makes up the other 55%percent percent.